More from the drafts queue:
Sean Hannity is not the voice of the people, simply put he is a mouthpiece for the elite and what he puts forth with his homespun platitudes has nothing to do with the realities or society faces. You have a majority of people in this country who are toiling away having trouble to get by and while I don’t advocate Socialism, I do recognize the growing disparity between the majority and a select few who control a disproportionate share of the wealth in our nation.
It’s not a healthy thing and it needs to change.
Again, picking up something unfinished. If you’re struggling to make it in this country and you watch Fox News and buy into what they’re selling, you should just stop wasting your time and go to the kitchen, tak a knife and slit your throat. It’s as simple as that.And you should know that too. You should know it deep within your bones, the little hairs on the back of your neck should stand up the way they do when the sky is dark and the air is charged just before a severe thunderstorm because there are storm clouds on the horizon.You know, it took me a second to figure out just what the hell I was writing about when I started this dribble but then I got to thinking and I believe I was talking about the Occupy Movement.
Those storm clouds take the form of innocuous notices, notices that are handed out as harmless leaflets, notices that are broadcast in very plain language statements, notices that say, “We have noticed you and we know others have noticed you too. While we have been patient expected your nuisance to blow itself out, we realize now we are going to have to be more forceful in our show of disapproval.”
And that’s really what it is because when things started popping up in other cities it meant it was time to stop the virus at its source and that’s what is about to happen.
Don’t be surprised if it gets ugly, very ugly.
Because the people there have nothing left to lose and that’s how they found themselves there to begin with.
It’s interesting how the Occupy movement has kind of blown itself out since last fall. It’s not that its message is any less relevant, more as if the movement itself has lost direction.
Bur I don’t think it’s going to go away and here’s why...
There is an attack on the Middle Class and anything that helps the Middle Class.
++++++++++++++
And I again broke off from what I was writing bit sometimes that’s not a bad thing bacause distance can sometimes bring clarity.
There really is an attack on the middle class today.
It’s a bit of an insidious campaign and part of that campaign utilizes Orwellian speak by branding certain topics with phrases that denote negative connotations. I have heard over the last decade a number of things spoken about in certain quarters...
I’ve heard SOME folks say that Social Security is unnecessary. I’ve also heard the selfsame people talk about brand things like pensions with the blanket name ‘entitlements.’ These are also the same people who rail against any form of medical reform in this country and they also want to do away with programs like Medicaid and Medicare.
Now, a few days ago, I observed there is too much waste in government. I have specific examples I could pull out based around my own experiences but truthfully I am currently trying to find a way to package it, present it and make money off the idea.
I don’t make the rules of a capitalist society, I just play the game like everyone else.
But I recognize too that the system is rigged, rigged against most of us.
And to hear it in some quarters, the über rich are just have the worst time of it these days. Even though all that wealth is concentrated in the hands of so very few, it’s a terrible onus to bear.
If you ever wondered what everyone is talking about when they talk about the distribution of wealth in this country, this handy, dandy chart from the Mother Jones website does the best job I’ve seen to date of illustrating the disparity:
![]()
Now, understand looking at that table that 90% of the households in our country have an income of less than $30k a year. And when you get right to it, we’re not even talking about the top 10%, we’re talking about the top .01%!
Now, I’d probably have a lot less of a problem with this if it weren’t for situations like Enron, AIG, Lehman Brothers and others where people are essentially crooks who wear nice suits.
++++++++++++++
Sean Hannity is not the voice of the people, simply put he is a mouthpiece for the elite and what he puts forth with his homespun platitudes has nothing to do with the realities or society faces. You have a majority of people in this country who are toiling away having trouble to get by and while I don’t advocate Socialism, I do recognize the growing disparity between the majority and a select few who control a disproportionate share of the wealth in our nation.
It’s not a healthy thing and it needs to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment